Thursday, April 07, 2011

Today during English114

Every English lesson is like a lesson on philosophy,
and I love all the profs at unlv because they are all really lovable profs who inspire the hell out of me.

We watched Dead Poet's Society for English today, a film made 1989,

"Carpe Diem" means seize the day.

"Keating: "Seize the day. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may." Why does the writer use these lines?
Charlie: Because he's in a hurry.
Keating: No. Ding! Thank you for playing anyway. Because we are food for worms, lads. Because, believe it or not, each and every one of us in this room is one day going to stop breathing, turn cold and die."

I liked the show so much I almost cried in class. i know right so shame shame.

today's lesson by dr thomas johnson, equivalant of a philosopher!

and tmr's purchasing is by nick oxborrow, he's an equivalent of a stand-up comedian!

i resented studying my entire 20 years till now,
i would do degrees after degrees if i have the time and money.

No comments: